Modern Heart and Vascular is passionate about heart disease prevention and early intervention. Heart disease is among the most common causes of death for men and women in the U.S., ranging from sudden heart attacks to chronic conditions like congestive heart failure and coronary artery disease. Preventive heart care focuses on detecting and treating potential heart issues before they develop into serious conditions. This preemptive approach can help patients avoid dangerous complications and unnecessary medications or surgeries and improve their overall quality of life.
Cardiac consultations are a significant element of the prevention strategy at Modern Heart and Vascular. Consultations are individualized discussions about a patient’s condition and treatment options. Our heart specialists will answer your questions about your health, outlook and potential action plans. The Modern Heart and Vascular team is dedicated to providing patient-focused care through comprehensive cardiology consultations.
Listening to heart using stethoscope
Preventive Cardiology Consultations
With preventive care, lifestyle changes are the number one strategy to prevent heart disease. While some risk factors are out of your control, you can improve many aspects of your life and overall health with healthy habits. During your consultation, your doctor will talk to you about what you can do to decrease your chances of developing heart disease.
Here are a few lifestyle changes you can make to protect your heart:
- Eat a heart-healthy diet: Eating healthy foods and limiting your salt and fat intake can help you lower your cholesterol and control your blood pressure, two major risk factors for developing heart disease.
- Exercise regularly: Physical activity strengthens your heart and improves your circulation, reducing your heart disease risks. Along with eating well, exercise also helps you maintain a healthy weight, which is an integral part of your heart and overall health.
- Manage diabetes and other chronic conditions: Underlying conditions often play a significant role in heart disease and its complications. Ensuring you’re properly managing your diabetes, high blood pressure or cholesterol or other conditions can lower your risks.
- Avoid smoking or using tobacco: Cigarette smoking and tobacco usage damage your circulatory system, putting a tremendous strain on your heart and blood vessels. Quitting or avoiding tobacco use will decrease your chances of heart disease.
- Get routine health screenings: Regular health screenings, like cardiovascular exams, allow your doctor to monitor your heart for changes and detect potential problems early.
Cardiac Treatment Consultation
Comprehensive cardiology consultations go beyond discussions of preventive measures. You can also talk to your cardiologist about treatment options, including medication or surgery, for potential or existing conditions. We offer preoperative cardiac consultations for patients to learn more about surgeries and other invasive procedures they might need to treat heart disease. Our heart specialists will use their years of expertise and experience to help you determine the best course of action for any heart health situation.
Visit Our Private Cardiac Consultation Clinic
At Modern Heart and Vascular, our cardiac consultation and examination services will help you prevent and manage a range of heart conditions with patient-focused care. Contact us today to learn more and schedule a consultation.
This page does not provide medical advice. It is intended for informational purposes only. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. If you need cardiovascular care, please call us at 832-644-8930.